Dear Stress, Lets Break Up
Stress is not from any outside quarter. Stress is when an outside pressure is not matched and overcome by your inside intelligence.
Stress is a sign we have lost our center and moved into fear and anxiety. We have contracted and cut ourselves off from source, thinking we have to do it all alone. To release stress we must connect back with ourselves and reconnect with our truth. Learning to surrender, let go and working with the flow of life, rather than against it.
Choose 3 things to incorporate into your life, to create more peace, stillness and happiness.
Ways to Reduce stress:
- Meditation, spiritual practice: Scientifically proven to reduce anxiety and stress and rewire the brain.
- Breath work: Sitali Breath, Long Deep Breathing, breath of fire
- Cat/ cow posture
- Acupressure- point on the shoulders, neck and upper neck.
- Lavender and Spearmint essential oils: Diffusing, or putting them in your massage oil
- Listening to soft soothing music
- Eating whole, unprocessed foods
- Reducing sugar and caffeine in your diet
- Notice what triggers you and creates stress
- Change your attitude to a different altitude – get positive: See the obstacles as a challenge rather than as a problem
- Learn to say No: Don’t take on more than you can handle
- Less is more
- Go slow: Eat slow, walk slow, talk slow- reduce your pace
- Exercise- 30 minutes a day (yoga, swimming, light jog)
- Get massages, especially FOOT MASSAGES before bed
- Eat dark chocolate
- REST so you can rejuvenate
- Laugh, watch something funny, be around friends that make you laugh
- Make sure your Vitamin B is at normal levels- Take Vitamin B complex
Man under stress is his own enemy.
Ways to Unwind for the evening
- Make your bedroom into a safe, relaxing space where you can retreat and dream well.
- Don’t go on computer or cellphone after 6pm, so that you have time to unwind and the lights don’t activate your brain to alert mode.
- Warm bath or shower
- Drink magnesium calm before sleeping to relax the body
- Foot massage either for yourself, or exchange with your partnerJ
- Yoga Nidra- Deep Relaxation technique
- Diffuse lavender essential oils
- Have a Himalayan salt lamp in your room for light- also producing a calming, meditative effect