Why are we all so tired? Coffee is one of best selling products globally and people are so heavily reliant on it. Why is our world so tired? We do less physical work than previous generations and yet many of us complain there isn’t enough time in the day, that we are too tired by the end of the day to do activities we enjoy.
Could it be that we try to fit too many things into the day? That we have too many applications running, too many e-mails to read and that we are overloaded? That our minds have not evolved to deal with the excess amount of data input that we need to process?
Could it be that what we are doing isn’t feeding us? That we are only feeding our wallets rather than our souls and our heart’s desire? Perhaps our ‘being tired’ is only an excuse so that we do not do what we actually dream of doing. Rather than facing our dreams we procrastinate them and say we do not have the energy. Our dreams become a plan B, instead of our only plan.
Many of us are struggling with low energy and so I wanted to give some insights and tips on how we can gain our energy back!
- Do activities every day that feeds your heart. It can be as little as 5 minutes, but make sure you make time for pleasure in your day. Enjoy that cup of coffee as much as you can, soak in the aromas, feel the warmth against your tongue. Savor it. Soak in moments of laughter, the sun as you are walking to your destination. Be in the moment.
- If there are things you greatly dislike doing, see if you can trade with someone else to do it. Doing things we dislike, drains us. See if it’s possible to either do it another way, do it another time or if you can pay someone else to do it. Sometimes it’s better to ask someone else that doesn’t mind to help, even when our mind gets in the way and says ‘we should do it all ourselves’.
- If you can’t avoid doing something, see if you can change your attitude about it. Your attitude affects your whole day. See if you can shift it and allow the energy to flow, rather than resisting it. Also, working with the energy present; Sometimes it takes more energy to fight something than to actually do it.
- Wanting to do too many things can drain your energy. Focus on one thing at a time. Don’t let your to-do list overwhelm you. Start with the priority and then move on. This applies to things you want to bring into your life. If you are trying to manifest a bunch of things it can be draining rather than fulfilling. Cut away from things that are not possible and feed the things that are possible. Also, cut away from things that you don’t actually want. If it has been over a year and you haven’t done it, it’s safe to say your not that interested. So, cut away from it so that you can regain energy and give that energy to something you actually want right now.
- Open your mind to other possibilities. Perhaps the solution you have in your mind is draining your energy. See if you can think of another option that excites you!
- Surround yourself with people that are fun to be around with. Your energy synergies with the energy of people around you. Hanging out with people that are complaining and have a negative outlook on life is draining.
- Eat whole foods, fresh foods that are full of prana, rather than anything preserved, canned and refined. Avoid refined sugar and refined foods as much as you can. If it’s been too altered your body won’t recognize it and it will drain your system.
- Breath work- doing breath of fire, or alternate nostril breathing and deep breathing will help to fill you with vital energy. Also practicing Yoga helps. Many times we don’t need another coffee, we just need to open our lungs and take in some fresh air.
- If your energy is low it helps to pray, chant, sing, play the drums, go into nature or connect with the divine. There are infinite amounts of energy out there but we have to connect with it, otherwise, we can run ourselves dry.
- Have fun!! Being playful and doing things you love feeds you. Make your life about play and not work and your energy will dramatically shift!